Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Image result for diarios de motocicleta       One of my hobbies is watching movies. I like movies of all categories, specially drama, fiction and horror. It's difficult to choose one, but I think ''The Motorcycle Diaries'' by Walter Salles was a movie that I liked very much. This is a biographical movie about Ernesto ''Che'' Guevara and his friend Alberto Granado and their journey through Latin America by motorcycle, a very tiny and old motorcycle. They made this travel on a break before the last semester of medical school.

Image result for motorcycle diaries
There are two things that movies draw my attention: scenography and soundtrack. In my opinion, ''The Motorcycle Diaries'' has the perfect mixture of them. In the first place, the movie expose many landscape of Chilean and Argentinian Patagonia, places of Colombia, Venezuela and Peru like Machu Picchu. Also it shows the inequality and poverty in South America at that time. In the second place, I think Gustavo Santoalalla's music mixed with the beautiful landscape created a perfect combination. Despite I wasn't  interest about the plot when I saw this movie (I recognize that I was interested in the principal actor Gael García Bernal, a mexican actor) it really surprised me.

Here's the route travel by Ernesto and Alberto:
Image result for motorcycle diaries route

1 comment: