Tuesday, November 14, 2017

English language challenges

Today I'm going to talk about my experience learning English at university. I think English is a very important language and a tool very useful for convivence in another countries. English is one of the most used language of the world and many people use it to communicate even in countries that English is not the principal language. 

My experience learning English, specifically in the university... I think it was a great experience because I extended my vocabulary and learned more words to use in the sentences. Use blog for that was a great manner of learn new words, and I always found interesting the themes that we had to wrote. However, I think it is not enough classes for someone who want to speak english in the real life, like have a real conversation with other people, I mean. It is also important this language because it opens the doors to many job opportunities, specially if we are studying something related with science, health, investigation, etc. In fact, the last semester we have a subject called '' Investigación para las Ciencias Farmacéuticas '', and we had to read many science papers about the investigation of diseases, pharmaceutic investigation, medicaments, etc... all in english. There was many students that were uncomfortable with this subject because not everyone knew english very well and to this we must add the technicalities that we had to understand and put in the right context. 

What regards me, I have to improve my pronunciation and continue extending my vocabulary. But I think spending money in English institutes or particular classes it is a waste of time and money. Like professor said, English is in everywhere; In the movies, books, series, etc. And If I want to travel someday to a different countrie I think I'm going to improvise, or something like that. People usually learn languages talking and staying in another countries, like survivence. 

I don't use English daily, so, If I take a course of English, Is it going to be useful? I will probably forget it, because of lack of practice. I only use English for read some things of Physiology or watching series, because I like seeing series with the original audio and English subtitles. 


2 comments:

  1. with english you probably can talk to everyone in the world :thinking:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you know a lot of English :)

    ReplyDelete